Dennis’s last assembly and The Assembly of Love
It is simply not fair that I have to speak after the little ones have stolen everyone’s hearts. They chose a beautiful theme and delivered the deal so professionally. I “love” seeing our tamariki grow in confidence as they learn to speak in front of others and to perform. My goodness how life in schools has changed. Whanau turn out in their dozens to support their children and to experience the magic.
The assembly celebration tied in beautifully with Matua Dennis’s last day with us. He is a big softie and of course our plan was to melt his heart too. Our Kaiawhina and Kaiako put on a beautiful morning tea for Dennis. Dennis is a healthy eater so we all gave up worrying about vegan, vegetarian or healthy options and provided heaps of processed sugar and meaty savouries. I think he noticed. He has already sent us through pics of him in his work uniform and work car. Mmmm. Not something our funding will extend to in the foreseeable future. We do wish him well.
No comments:
Post a Comment