Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki

Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki
Tēnā koutou e te whanau. This is my 16th year as tumuaki of our lovely kura. I am one-eyed when it comes to providing the very best education for all of our tamariki, strong connections to whanau and applying attachment theory so every child has a champion adult at our school who believes in them unconditionally. I just can’t see past it. Our kaiako and kaiawhina go the extra 50 miles to give our children the best chances to succeed. My family is number one. After 20 years of camping holidays in Kaiteriteri, Graham and I are recidivist “glampers “ and ready for new adventures in our latest caravan. It’s brilliant when our family joins us too.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

School buildings get a repaint




The school buildings are having a face lift in the 2009/2010 Christmas holidays with a new paint and colour scheme. We have lovely old character buildings that blend in beautifully to the environment. I think I may have been a bit hasty on the green on the admin but the classrooms look wonderful. Our school caretaker, Bill takes a great deal of pride in the orchard, children's vegetable garden and native gardens.


One day we may get a new school but in the mean time the old buildings are home to some wonderful quality teaching and learning. My office executive Jacqui organizes my week so that I can spend 2 days each week in the classrooms coaching and mentoring my teachers. I learn from them too and I really enjoy seeing the children problem solving and using technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment