Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki

Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki
Tēnā koutou e te whanau. This is my 16th year as tumuaki of our lovely kura. I am one-eyed when it comes to providing the very best education for all of our tamariki, strong connections to whanau and applying attachment theory so every child has a champion adult at our school who believes in them unconditionally. I just can’t see past it. Our kaiako and kaiawhina go the extra 50 miles to give our children the best chances to succeed. My family is number one. After 20 years of camping holidays in Kaiteriteri, Graham and I are recidivist “glampers “ and ready for new adventures in our latest caravan. It’s brilliant when our family joins us too.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Morning Tea With The Boss





















At each full school assembly we celebrate the best of the best. Trophies are awarded for excellence in academic, social, environmental and attitude achievement.
The following Monday the students are invited to my office for some orange juice and chocolate bikkies. This system was in place before I arrived and it is a tradition that is a privilege to keep going.

I get to chat to the children about their learning, their pets and weekends and ways in which they think we can do things better at our school. Children are very perceptive and can often figure out very quickly what needs to be improved. That's called "student voice."

How can you not love this job? There's something very special about having the time to meet with the children and have a good goss and laugh.
It's just another reason why our school is such a special place and why I am very blessed to have the job as Boss.





No comments:

Post a Comment