Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki

Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki
Tēnā koutou e te whanau. This is my 16th year as tumuaki of our lovely kura. I am one-eyed when it comes to providing the very best education for all of our tamariki, strong connections to whanau and applying attachment theory so every child has a champion adult at our school who believes in them unconditionally. I just can’t see past it. Our kaiako and kaiawhina go the extra 50 miles to give our children the best chances to succeed. My family is number one. After 20 years of camping holidays in Kaiteriteri, Graham and I are recidivist “glampers “ and ready for new adventures in our latest caravan. It’s brilliant when our family joins us too.

Friday, May 21, 2010

How do I stay in touch and stay sane in a busy week?

This week was bordering on frenetic and I have the easy job! My teachers had to remember to breathe.
One of the nicest ways for me to remind myself about the reasons for being the "boss of the School" is to go with the children to Hagley Park and watch them play sports.
Sport does have a big focus in our school from year 4 up. The year 5 and 6 children can compete against other schools in our zone. We have netball, rugby and soccer teams competing this winter.I feel incredibly proud of the teachers and children when I see them striving to be the best. Sometimes life is about winning and losing and our children need determination to win through skill, fitness and teamwork.
Today the girls had a resounding win and I watched some children flourish under the challenge of competiton and one or two who stood out above their team mates.
I also saw the opposition team dig deep and never give up even though they were getting beaten.
If that is the kind of resilience and determination we are building in children then we are truly equipping them for life.
Special thanks to the teachers and volunteers who give their time to make these events happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment