Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki

Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki
Tēnā koutou e te whanau. This is my 16th year as tumuaki of our lovely kura. I am one-eyed when it comes to providing the very best education for all of our tamariki, strong connections to whanau and applying attachment theory so every child has a champion adult at our school who believes in them unconditionally. I just can’t see past it. Our kaiako and kaiawhina go the extra 50 miles to give our children the best chances to succeed. My family is number one. After 20 years of camping holidays in Kaiteriteri, Graham and I are recidivist “glampers “ and ready for new adventures in our latest caravan. It’s brilliant when our family joins us too.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Come Up Smelling of Roses

Just before I came here as principal 5 years ago the children were surveyed at the end of an inquiry learning and said that they wanted more flowers in the school. Bill and I have had many wanderings and ponderings about the subject. He's a fruit and veg and native planting  man and I like the flowers. We have agreed to demarcation. I handle the roses and flowers he does the donkey work.
I started with three standard roses and  surprise surprise they grow from cuttings. I can grow roses!!!!
Now the front of the school is rose rich. Bill looks after the planting and watering part and I do the pruning, feeding and bug control. This year the roses look gorgeous and there's something really cheerful about walking into the school with brilliant buds and flowers. I just have to persuade the little ones that picking the flowers for their teacher or mum is not a part of the deal.




No comments:

Post a Comment