Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki

Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki
Tēnā koutou e te whanau. This is my 16th year as tumuaki of our lovely kura. I am one-eyed when it comes to providing the very best education for all of our tamariki, strong connections to whanau and applying attachment theory so every child has a champion adult at our school who believes in them unconditionally. I just can’t see past it. Our kaiako and kaiawhina go the extra 50 miles to give our children the best chances to succeed. My family is number one. After 20 years of camping holidays in Kaiteriteri, Graham and I are recidivist “glampers “ and ready for new adventures in our latest caravan. It’s brilliant when our family joins us too.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Year 4 camp

Jared, Natalie and Lucy organised and ran the Year 4 camp. Thanks so much. It takes a lot of work outside of the classroom and away from your families and friends. Parent helpers were much appreciated too as we can't do these extras without people taking time from work and other commitments. I always look forward to looking for the children that shine on camp that we might miss in the classroom. I wasn't disappointed as we saw some of our shy and retiring children become the bold adventurers.
I love the sounds of children and staff laughing as they face new challenges and take the time to have fun together.
A special thanks to Mike who set up Team Challenges in Centennial Park so the children had to work as teams to complete the tasks. Maata and I had a great deal of fun in the supervisory capacity!!!



















"I'm a Chubby Bunny," can't be a good expression when ones mouth is full of large marshmallows.




There's trouble when the teachers decide to set a terrible example and fight each other with shaving cream. 

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment