Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki

Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki
Tēnā koutou e te whanau. This is my 16th year as tumuaki of our lovely kura. I am one-eyed when it comes to providing the very best education for all of our tamariki, strong connections to whanau and applying attachment theory so every child has a champion adult at our school who believes in them unconditionally. I just can’t see past it. Our kaiako and kaiawhina go the extra 50 miles to give our children the best chances to succeed. My family is number one. After 20 years of camping holidays in Kaiteriteri, Graham and I are recidivist “glampers “ and ready for new adventures in our latest caravan. It’s brilliant when our family joins us too.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Christchurch Care Packages

Care Packages from Tauranga Primary School. Thank you so much. You have no idea how special this makes us feel.

Belinda, Michelle and Nicki


Y
Yup that's me looking like a stunned mullet. I am sure it was just a cheap camera cos' I look way better than that.

The bags contain brand new books from Scholastics, pencils, toys and other goodies donated by businesses.
Today I met with Belinda, Nicki and Michelle (Erin was unable to be here.) These lovely women have approached businesses and contacted North Island schools to find ways to support our Canterbury Kids.
It was pretty amazing to look inside the boxes from the children at Tauranga Primary School to see what they had given to our children. Their little letters are gorgeous and speak from the heart. The children have an amazing understanding of the difficulty some of us have had coping and how frightening it has been for all of us. Kids can walk a mile in someone else's shoes and I thank their parents and teachers for helping them to appreciate what it is like for us.
Belinda, Nicki, Michelle and Erin you are now officially friends of our school. I am  struggling to find the right words to let you know how much this means to our children and to us as a staff. It's not like me to run out of things to say. Thank you.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment