Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki

Marriene Langton Principal/Tumuaki
Tēnā koutou e te whanau. This is my 16th year as tumuaki of our lovely kura. I am one-eyed when it comes to providing the very best education for all of our tamariki, strong connections to whanau and applying attachment theory so every child has a champion adult at our school who believes in them unconditionally. I just can’t see past it. Our kaiako and kaiawhina go the extra 50 miles to give our children the best chances to succeed. My family is number one. After 20 years of camping holidays in Kaiteriteri, Graham and I are recidivist “glampers “ and ready for new adventures in our latest caravan. It’s brilliant when our family joins us too.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Special Gift

On February 22 our violin teacher Julie Pettit was driving her car when all hallelujah broke loose. She arrived in our school grounds to join us to help comfort the children and each other. Julie was very worried about her own family too as they were in different parts of the city.
Yesterday she came into my office with  a truly stunning surprise. She wanted to give me a gift and I am all for gifts.
Julie plays first and second violin for The Christchurch Symphony Orchestra. She is an incredibly talented musician.
She had composed a beautiful violin accompaniment/solo to "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" and performed the piece in my office to a recorded c.d. with full orchestra and chorale backing.
I bawled my eyes out and just quietly, so did she.

















 Thank you Julie for a very precious gift. It will remain as a highlight of my teaching career. My own concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment